Let’s take a pause. You’ve been working on the content material hamster wheel, hopefully executing on an knowledgeable and actionable content material advertising and marketing technique. But what’s all of it for? Why are we doing it in the first place?
Let these 15 content material advertising and marketing statistics remind you that, sure, you might be on the proper path.
For starters, in 2019, roughly 25.eight% of web customers had been blocking promoting on their related units. Ad focusing on goes to get rising extra complicated with new privateness laws being launched and the implementation of cookie-blocking know-how being led by Apple and Firefox.
Advertising will proceed to change into more and more dearer and sophisticated. And to not point out, shoppers want content material to promoting. In reality, 70 % of folks would fairly get details about an organization or study one thing from an article or weblog publish fairly than from a conventional commercial. (Demand Metric)
70% of folks would fairly get details about an organization or study one thing from an article or weblog publish fairly than from a conventional commercial. Click To Tweet
Throughout the funnel, good content material is turning into more and more essential. Whether creating your individual, aggregating content material from consultants or facilitating UGC, content material can deliver exponential worth to your advertising and marketing efforts.
Let’s check out the affect of content material all through the advertising and marketing funnel with these 15 content material advertising and marketing statistics:
1. Knowing your viewers and understanding their preferences is crucial. For occasion, solely 22% of millennials need to see e mail from a model they help, whereas 57% of 45 – 54-year-olds do. (HubSpot)
2. Conversely, 52% of millennials need to see video from manufacturers they help whereas solely 25% of these 45-54 do. (HubSpot)
three. 71% of a B2B respondent pool said they reviewed a weblog whereas on their shopping for journey. (Demand Gen Report)
four. 32% of shoppers take a look at a model’s social media presence earlier than testing their web site. (Animoto)
5. Podcasts had been cited by 64% of B2B respondents as a invaluable content material format in the early stage of the shopping for journey — solely falling quick of infographics (76%) (Demand Gen Report)
6. People immediately have 2X extra interactions with manufacturers on cell than anyplace else. (Think with Google)
7. Cisco projected that greater than 80% of all Internet site visitors will probably be video by 2021—which implies manufacturers positively want a video content material technique. (Cisco)
eight. 87% of shoppers need extra video from manufacturers. (Hubspot)
9. Instagram is the fastest-growing platform for driving purchases with video. (Animoto)
10. When requested how they’d most prefer to study a brand new product, over two-thirds (68%) of client mentioned a brief video can be finest, manner forward of text-based articles (15%),infographics (four%) displays and pitches (four%) ebooks and manuals (three%). (Wyzowl)
11. 65% of B2B content material shoppers strongly agree they’ve increased preferences for credible content material from trade influencers. (Demand Gen Report)
12. 73% of shoppers have been impacted by a model’s social media presence when making a purchase order choice. (Animoto)
13. Per greenback, content material advertising and marketing produces three instances extra leads. (Kapost/Oracle Eloqua)
14. Content advertising and marketing generates over thrice as many leads as outbound advertising and marketing and prices 62% much less. (Demand Metric)
Content advertising and marketing generates over thrice as many leads as outbound advertising and marketing and prices 62% much less. Click To Tweet
15. On common, content material advertising and marketing prices 41% lower than paid search, (Kapost/Eloqua)
On common, content material advertising and marketing prices 41% lower than paid search Click To Tweet
If this feels overwhelming and you continue to end up on the hamster wheel day after day, unclear of what to create and the place to distribute it, you aren’t alone. In reality, just one out of three B2C entrepreneurs surveyed in CMI/Marketing Profs 2019 B2C Research Study had a documented content material technique.
Only one out of three B2C entrepreneurs surveyed in CMI/Marketing Profs 2019 #B2C Research Study had a documented content material technique. Click To Tweet
To show you how to up-level your content material advertising and marketing efforts, we created a 7-page content material advertising and marketing information. Fill out the type beneath to seize your copy of What Great Brands Do That Good Brands Don’t in Content Marketing now.