Want to know extra about Instagram?
Dive into 30 Instagram information, with up-to-date 2019 details about how Instagram is used all through the world.
Discover insights about probably the most in style social media platforms on the planet, together with demographic knowledge, main developments, internet price, utilization statistics, present management, market share and extra.
1. There are 1 billion energetic month-to-month Instagram customers as of 2019.
2. Instagram formally launched in 2010 as an iPhone app. Within one month, it gained 1 million customers (comparatively, it took Foursquare and Twitter two years to attain the 1 million consumer milestone).
three. 33% of the most-viewed tales are from companies.
four. 200 million Instagram customers go to not less than one enterprise profile day-after-day, and 80% of accounts observe a enterprise on Instagram.
5. There are 25 million companies on Instagram.
6. Instagram is presently ranked the 13th hottest web site on the planet by Alexa.
7. Instagram is price an estimated $100 billion.
eight. The most engaged manufacturers on Instagram embody:
- National Geographic: 112 million followers
- Nike: 83.9 million followers
- NBA: 38.three million followers
- Chanel: 35.four million followers
- Louis Vuitton: 32.6 million followers
- Adidas: 23.9 million followers
- Starbucks: 17.9 million followers
- GoPro: 15.eight million followers
9. In 2017, the quantity of each day energetic Instagram Stories customers (200 million) surpassed Snapchat each day customers (161 million).
10. One of Instagram’s most enjoyable latest developments was the power to tag merchandise inside posts. Upon saying the discharge of product tagging, Instagram highlighted the alternatives this introduced for companies:
“For brands, this means a new way to reach an engaged audience who are actively looking to their favorite creators for inspiration, and make it easier to shop a brand’s products.”
11. Facebook acquired Instagram for $1 billion in 2012.
12. Here are 5 of the most-followed Instagram accounts, as of 2019:
- Instagram: 305 million followers
- Cristiano Ronaldo: 173 million followers
- Ariana Grande: 158 million followers
- Selena Gomez: 152 million followers
- Kim Kardashian West: 142 million followers
- Kylie Jenner: 139 million followers
13. The Instagram picture with probably the most likes is that this egg on a white background. The complete account (@world_record_egg) was created with the only real intention of getting the world file for probably the most likes, which was previously held by Kylie Jenner.
14. 89.5% of Instagram photographs are posted usually with no filter (not less than from Instagram) added in any respect. (That’s probably the most shocking Instagram information on this record!)
15. For photographs that do embody an Instagram filter, Clarendon is the preferred filter, by Juno, Ludwig, Lark, and Gingham.
16. So far, the most-used hashtag of 2019 is #love.
17. In celebration of Pride Month in June, Instagram turned the rings round tales right into a rainbow if the tales included a pride-related hashtag.
18. To compete with Twitter’s Vine, Instagram launched its then 15-second video element to its platform in 2013. Within the primary 24 hours, 5 million movies have been uploaded. Now, Instagram Stories are one in every of Instagram’s hottest options and may run up to 60 seconds.
19. The creators of Instagram – Kevin Systrom and Mike Krieger – met one another whereas attending Stanford. Both left the corporate in 2018 to pursue new initiatives.
20. Adam Mosseri serves as the present Head of Instagram. He has been with Instagram’s mum or dad firm Facebook for greater than 10 years and oversees Instagram’s engineering, product, and operations.
22. Instagram is headquartered in Menlo Park, California.
23. Instagram employs 550 folks around the globe.
24. 37% of all U.S. adults use Instagram.
25. Here’s the worldwide breakdown of Instagram customers in 2019:
- United States: 110 million
- Brazil: 66 million
- India: 64 million
- Indonesia: 56 million
- Russia: 35 million
- Turkey: 34 million
- Japan: 24 million
- United Kingdom: 22 million
- Mexico: 20 million
- Germany: 18 million
26. 43% of U.S. Instagram customers are feminine.
27. 39% of U.S. grownup residents who stay in city areas use Instagram. 31% of customers are in rural areas, with one other 28% within the suburbs.
28. Average age of Instagram customers:
- 18-29: 59%
- 30-49: 33%
- 50-64: 18%
- 65+: eight%
29. Annual family earnings for Instagram customers in 2019
- $30-49,999: 32%
- $50-74,999: 32%
- $75,000 or extra: 37%
30. Average schooling degree for Instagram customers in 2019:
- High School Degree or Less: 27%
- Some College: 37%
- College: 33%
Want extra Instagram information and ideas?
Then try of Search Engine Journal’s information: How to Dominate Social Media in 2019.
There are two full chapters devoted to Instagram, with methods for what to put up and the way to wield Instagram as a enterprise.