Social media advertising’s near-universal recognition and the break-neck velocity at which it adjustments generally makes it troublesome to sustain with — for B2B and B2C entrepreneurs alike. However, if we use the newest statistical information, it’s potential to achieve many beneficial new insights.
Here are 83 of the newest related social media advertising statistics to trick out and inform your advertising efforts, with a selected give attention to sure fascinating new B2B-specific information.
We’ll have a look at statistics taken from 5 current reviews and a number of other extra sources, beginning with normal social media advertising overview figures. Then we’ll look individually at Facebook, LinkedIn*, Twitter, Instagram, and a gaggle of different social platforms.
1 Sprout Social Index: Edition XV: Empower & Elevate (2019)
2 Hootsuite / We Are Social: Digital 2019 Q2 Global Digital Statshot. Essential insights into how folks around the globe use the Internet, cellular units, social media, and e-commerce. (2019)
three Pew Research Center: January 2019 Core Trends Survey (2019)
four Microsoft Fiscal Year 2019 First Quarter earnings Release (2019)
5 How LinkedIn’s Products Are Evolving to Support the New World of Work (2019)
6 Pew Research Center: Sizing Up Twitter Users (2019)
7 MediaRadar: Research Insight: Video Ads Are Getting Longer (2019)
eight Social Media Examiner: 2019 Social Media Marketing Industry Report How Marketers Are Using Social Media to Grow Their Businesses (2019)
Social Media Marketing Statistics From 5 New Reports
Sprout Social’s current Sprout Social Index: Edition XV: Empower & Elevate (2019) 1 surveyed over 1,000 social media entrepreneurs to study the place they’re discovering success and the place they plan to place their focus in the course of the push to 2020.
As we featured in our most up-to-date TopRank Marketing Friday News, the report reveals that:
- 70% of social media entrepreneurs see rising model consciousness as their high objective for social 1
- 72% outline engagement success in social by way of likes and feedback, as the next chart outlines 1
With social promoting spending within the U.S. alone anticipated to hit $18.four billion in 2019, it’s no marvel that:
- 90% of social media entrepreneurs say social has a direct impression on their enterprise income. 1
The research reveals that Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, Facebook Messenger, and LinkedIn are the most-used social media platforms amongst social entrepreneurs, as the next chart — which additionally compares this info with the place shoppers most frequently folllow manufacturers — illustrates. 1
Additional information from the Sprout Social report reveals that:
- 53% of corporate-level entrepreneurs and 33% of vice presidents see proving the worth of social media advertising to these outdoors advertising as a problem. 1
Hootsuite and We Are Social’s current Digital 2019 Q2 Global Digital Statshot 2 report, using quite a few sources, additionally affords loads of perception into the place social media advertising at present stands and the place it’s probably to head transferring ahead.
According to the report, social media entrepreneurs discover their viewers primarily utilizing both cellular or desktop units, with a small portion utilizing tablets, as the next picture reveals. 2
The report reveals that Facebook, YouTube, WhatsApp, and Facebook Messenger high the listing of social platforms with probably the most lively customers, as proven within the following chart. 2
Similarly, within the current Pew Research Center January 2019 Core Trends Survey (2019) three, the highest social platforms amongst U.S. adults are YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, LinkedIn, Snapchat, and Twitter, because the chart beneath outlines.
In Social Media Examiner’s current eleventh-annual social media advertising trade report for 2019 eight, firm founder Michael Stelzner shares 46 pages of statistical information gathered from surveying over four,800 entrepreneurs, and affords interpretation on how varied facets of social media are working for entrepreneurs in the present day.
65% of the survey’s respondents had at the very least three years of social media advertising expertise, with 36% having greater than 5 years trade expertise, and 36% of all respondents primarily goal B2B companies.
There’s little doubt that social media advertising has develop into extra necessary than ever, and Social Media Examiner’s report reveals no fewer than eight areas which have grown since 2018, as proven within the following chart.
Each of those advantages grew by at the very least four%, within the case of offering market perception, to as a lot as 19% for improved gross sales, in accordance to the report.eight
“When we’re data informed, we isolate variables, test, and learn. We insert our own sense of taste and our intuition into the process.” @jayacunzo Click To Tweet
Of specific curiosity to B2B entrepreneurs is the comparatively low proportion of entrepreneurs utilizing social media advertising to develop enterprise partnerships, which represents an underutilized alternative for savvy SMM practitioners. eight
- B2B entrepreneurs use Facebook and LinkedIn greater than some other platform, adopted by Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Pinterest, and Snapchat, as the next chart reveals. eight
The listing of most-popular social media platforms amongst entrepreneurs generally continues to be dominated by Facebook-owned properties, with Facebook and Instagram used most incessantly, adopted by Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, Pinterest, and Snapchat, in accordance to the report, as proven beneath. eight
- Over the previous yr the most important enhance was seen by Instagram, rising by 7% from 2018’s determine of 66% to 73%, whereas the most important drop was seen for Twitter, which fell three% from 2018’s 62% to 59%. eight
- When B2B social media utilization amongst entrepreneurs is in contrast to that of B2C, LinkedIn reveals its acumen, garnering 30% of B2B social utilization, 26% greater than the four% utilization fee it holds amongst B2C entrepreneurs, as the next comparability chart highlights. eight
- LinkedIn’s use amongst mixed B2B and B2C entrepreneurs grew from 12% in 2018 to 14% in 2019, in accordance to the report’s survey information, whereas for the primary time since 2014 Facebook’s mixed determine fell, from 67% to 61%. Instagram’s mixed determine climbed four%, from 2018’s 10% to 2019’s 14%. eight
- Just 44% of entrepreneurs say they’re ready to measure their natural social media advertising actions. eight
“Only 30% of B2B marketers use data to inform decision-making. That’s because harnessing data is hard. Over 2.5 quintillion bytes of data are generated every day.” — Alexis Hall @Alexis5484 Click To Tweet
Now let’s transfer on to taking a more in-depth have a look at every of the highest social media platforms B2B entrepreneurs most incessantly use, and a number of the most related statistics for every, pulled from the 5 current research and different sources.
Facebook — Challenging Times For A Social Media Empire
The reviews provide a broad part of information containing perception into social media advertising particular to social large Facebook, which in lots of areas continues to be a high channel for entrepreneurs, regardless of the well-known information privateness and different challenges it has confronted over the previous a number of years.
- 61% of entrepreneurs view Facebook as an important social media platform, down from 67% in 2018 eight
- 51% of entrepreneurs plan to enhance their natural Facebook actions, down from 62% in 2018 eight
- 59% of entrepreneurs plan to use Facebook advertisements extra incessantly over the following 12 months eight
- 11% fewer entrepreneurs plan to spend extra on future natural Facebook advertising in 2019, at 51%, than was the case in 2018, when 62% anticipated to, whereas 10% plan to decrease their natural Facebook spending, as proven beneath. eight
- 45% of B2B entrepreneurs use Facebook native video. eight
- 68% of B2B entrepreneurs need to study extra about Facebook video advertising. eight
- 65% of B2B entrepreneurs recurrently use Facebook for promoting. eight
- 59% of entrepreneurs plan to enhance their use of Facebook promoting within the close to future, with 33% planning to enhance their use of Facebook Messenger-specific advertisements. eight
- 68% of B2B entrepreneurs need to study extra about Facebook promoting. eight
- 86% of entrepreneurs need to study extra about Facebook Analytics. eight
- 62% of B2B entrepreneurs need to study extra about Facebook. eight
- 89% of entrepreneurs use Facebook as a part of their model’s social media technique. 1
- 77% of GenXers use Facebook as their major platform for liking or following manufacturers. 1
- 42% of social media entrepreneurs have already got a technique in place for Facebook Live. 1
- Facebook is the world’s third most visited web site, behind solely Google and YouTube. 2 (SimiarWeb)
- Facebook has a possible social media promoting viewers attain of greater than 1.88 billion customers. 2
- Facebook customers click on on a median of 11 ads on the platform every month. 2
- 26.three% of Facebook Pages are utilizing paid media, up 1.2% from the fourth quarter of 2018. 2
- Facebook pages utilizing video posts get probably the most engagement, at 6.1%, as illustrated within the following picture. 2
- Finally, 69% of U.S. adults use Facebook, and 74% of them go to the positioning day by day, and 51% a number of instances every day. three
Facebook advertising is a staple for a lot of B2B entrepreneurs, and we’ve supplied a number of useful current articles to information your technique on varied facets of the platform:
LinkedIn — Reinvigorated and Seeing Promising Returns
The 5 reviews reveal a substantial amount of information about rising utilization of LinkedIn, particularly amongst B2B entrepreneurs.
- A hefty 70% of B2B entrepreneurs plan on rising their natural advertising actions on LinkedIn over the following yr, in accordance to the Social Media Examiner 2019 report. eight
- More than half of mixed B2B and B2C entrepreneurs additionally anticipate to increase natural advertising use on LinkedIn within the coming 12 months, as the next chart illustrates. eight
- 71% of B2B entrepreneurs need to study extra about LinkedIn. eight
- 57% of mixed B2B and B2C entrepreneurs need to study extra about LinkedIn. eight
- 21% of B2B entrepreneurs use native LinkedIn video. eight
- 45% of entrepreneurs plan to enhance their use of LinkedIn video of their advertising efforts within the close to future. eight
- 66% of B2B entrepreneurs need to study extra about LinkedIn video advertising. eight
- 24% of B2B entrepreneurs recurrently use LinkedIn promoting. eight
- 35% of entrepreneurs plan to enhance their use of LinkedIn promoting within the close to future. eight
- 64% of B2B entrepreneurs need to study extra about LinkedIn promoting. eight
- LinkedIn has a possible social media promoting viewers attain of almost 615 million customers, trailing solely Facebook and Instagram. 2
- LinkedIn noticed a 1.7% enhance in promoting viewers attain over the fourth quarter of 2018, as proven within the following picture. 2
- LinkedIn noticed income develop by 33% with file ranges of engagement together with session progress of 34%, in accordance to mum or dad agency Microsoft’s 2019 first quarter earnings launch information. four
- LinkedIn topped the 630 million person mark not too long ago, and general engagement was up 24% yr over yr. 5
- About 50% of school graduates who stay in high-income households use LinkedIn. three
LinkedIn not too long ago revealed a useful infographic detailing “How to Spark Meaningful Conversations and Measure Success” on the platform, and we’ve additionally written a number of current articles detailing how to finest use the platform:
Twitter — The More Tweets Change the More They Stay the Same
Twitter additionally options closely within the 5 current reviews, with statistics exhibiting the venerable platform continues to play a large position within the social media marketing campaign technique of many entrepreneurs.
- 9% fewer entrepreneurs plan to enhance their Twitter natural advertising over the following 12 months than did in 2018, a lower from 44% to this yr’s 35%, the report information reveals, whereas 7% plan to lower natural Twitter actions in the course of the subsequent yr. eight
- 21% of entrepreneurs plan to enhance their use of Twitter promoting within the close to future, whereas 64% don’t have any plans to use Twitter advertisements. eight
- Twitter is the world’s seventh most visited web site, and has a median go to time of over 9 minutes. 2 (RelatedWeb)
- Twitter has a possible social media promoting viewers attain of 262 million customers. 2
- 25% of U.S. grownup Twitter customers go to the positioning a number of instances every day. three
- The most prolific 10% of grownup U.S. Twitter customers publish a sizeable 80% of all tweets, averaging 138 tweets and favoriting 70 extra every month. 6
- Among the highest 10% U.S. grownup Twitter customers, 81% tweet at least one time every day, and observe a median of 456 Twitter accounts. 6
Leadtail not too long ago examined how some B2B manufacturers are succeeding with Twitter, in Dennis Shiao’s “10 Twitter Users Reveal What B2B Brands Are Doing Well on Twitter,” that includes examples together with the Twitter accounts of the Content Marketing Institute, LinkedIn Marketing Solutions, and others.
We’ve revealed articles how to finest use Twitter for B2B advertising, together with the next choice:
Instagram — Facebook-Owned Platform on the Rise
Instagram has been the brightest star among the many platforms featured within the information from the 5 current reviews, exhibiting probably the most speedy progress and a number of the biggest curiosity from entrepreneurs.
- 73% of entrepreneurs now use Instagram, up from 2018’s determine of 66% eight
- 69% of entrepreneurs anticipate to enhance their natural Instagram actions in the course of the subsequent yr, whereas 18% plan to preserve spending degree, and a couple of% are getting ready to lower their spending. eight
- Instagram has handed Facebook as the highest platform entrepreneurs need to study extra about eight
- 72% of entrepreneurs need to study extra about Instagram, for the primary time surpassing Facebook because the platform entrepreneurs most need to enhance their familiarity with. eight
- 65% of B2B entrepreneurs need to study extra about Instagram. eight
- 32% of B2B entrepreneurs use Instagram Stories for video advertising. eight
- 64% of B2B entrepreneurs need to study extra about Instagram video. eight
- 30% of B2B entrepreneurs recurrently use Instagram for promoting. eight
- 55% of entrepreneurs plan to enhance their use of Instagram promoting within the close to future. eight
- 57% of B2B entrepreneurs need to study extra about Instagram promoting. eight
- 69% of GenZers use Instagram as their major platform for liking or following manufacturers. 1
- 48% of social media entrepreneurs see Instagram Stories as changing into more and more necessary. 1
- 31% of social media entrepreneurs plan to construct a technique for Instagram Live. 1
- Instagram is the world’s ninth most visited web site, and generates and common of simply over six and a half minutes of time per go to. 2 (RelatedWeb)
- Instagram has a possible social media promoting viewers attain of 802 million customers, trailing solely Facebook. 2
- Instagram was the one main social media platform that has seen an uptick in use amongst U.S. adults since 2016 in accordance to Pew Research Center information. three
- 67% of U.S 18-29 year-olds use Instagram. three
- 42% of U.S. grownup Instagram customers go to the positioning a number of instances every day. three
Social Media Today not too long ago checked out how B2B entrepreneurs are utilizing Instagram, in Emma Wiltshire’s “B2B Marketers Share Their Best Tips for Instagram,” and the writer additionally not too long ago carried out a Twitter ballot asking what B2B entrepreneurs battle with probably the most on Instagram.
Additionally, we not too long ago revealed “What You Need to Know About Instagram Stories for B2B Marketing,” providing useful perception into this rising space.
Pinterest — Piquing Marketers’ Interest
Although not featured as closely within the information from the brand new reviews, there are some statistics about using Pinterest amongst B2B entrepreneurs and entrepreneurs generally. A couple of embrace:
- 24% of B2B entrepreneurs plan to enhance their natural advertising actions on Pinterest in the course of the subsequent 12 months. eight
- 31% of B2B entrepreneurs need to study extra about Pinterest. eight
- 17% of entrepreneurs plan to enhance their use of Pinterest promoting within the close to future, in contrast to simply eight% on Snapchat. eight
YouTube — Google-Owned Video Staple & Stalwart
YouTube continues to be the first platform for video content material for a lot of entrepreneurs, and the information contained within the reviews present each the way it’s altering over time and remaining regular in some core areas.
- 71% of entrepreneurs plan on rising their use of YouTube video, and 62% plan to enhance their natural advertising actions on YouTube. eight
- 57% of entrepreneurs recurrently use YouTube for video advertising efforts, adopted by 50% utilizing native Facebook video, 38% Instagram Stories, 26% Instagram native video, 22% Twitter, 13% LinkedIn native video, 9% IGTV video, and 5% LinkedIn Stories, as the next graph depicts eight
- 49% of entrepreneurs need to study extra about YouTube promoting. eight
- YouTube is the world’s second most visited web site, forward of Facebook and trailing solely Google, and tops the listing of the 20 most-visited websites when it comes to time per go to, with a median of over 21 minutes. 2 (Similarweb)
- 73% of U.S. adults use YouTube, and amongst these 32% go to the Google-owned platform a number of instances every day. three
- The advertisements entrepreneurs run on YouTube are getting longer, with the variety of 30-second advertisements rising from 19% in January 2018 to 24% in January 2019, a pattern proven within the following MediaRadar chart exhibiting mixed YouTube and different video advert statistics. 7
We’ve explored how B2B entrepreneurs can develop a robust video technique utilizing YouTube and different social media platforms, and a few of our most up-to-date useful articles are these:
We have our personal TopRank Marketing YouTube channel as properly, and hope that should you aren’t already a subscriber you’ll take a second and observe us.
Snapchat, Reddit, & Others — Possibilities For the Adventuresome
Some of the lesser-used social platforms additionally function within the statistical information from the reviews, in some circumstances exhibiting potential new alternatives for sure B2B advertising campaigns.
- 76% of entrepreneurs don’t plan to use Snapchat over the following 12 months, whereas 9% plan to enhance their natural actions on the platform.eight
- Snapchat has a possible social media promoting viewers attain of 311 million customers. 2
- 62% of U.S 18-29 year-olds use Snapchat. three
- 42% of U.S Hispanic adults use WhatsApp. three
- 46% of U.S. grownup Snapchat customers go to the positioning a number of instances every day. three
What Do All These Social Media Statistics Tell Us About B2B Marketing?
When we have a look at all these statistics as a complete, it’s clear that B2B social media advertising is powerful and rising stronger, and it’s additionally obvious that route and steering in the place to focus your B2B social efforts is required now greater than ever.
Whether it’s from doing enterprise with an expert B2B-focused advertising company corresponding to TopRank Marketing, or by way of following trade consultants corresponding to these on our “Top 50 Social Media Marketing Influencers in 2019” listing, we wish your advertising to be the very best it may be, and hope that the massive assortment of statistics and insights we’ve gathered and outlined right here proves useful.
Finally, right here’s a bonus listing of six extra assets we’ve written to allow you to make sense of the numbers and incorporate statistics-based perception into your advertising:
*LinkedIn is a TopRank Marketing shopper.