Facebook is including a brand new part to the information feed that solutions the query “why am I seeing this post?”.
Users now have extra perception into how previous interactions on Facebook affect the rating of posts of their information feed.
This is the primary time Facebook has constructed info instantly into the app on how information feed rating works.
How “Why am I seeing this post?” works
Users can entry “Why am I seeing this post?” from any information feed merchandise utilizing the drop-down menu within the right-hand nook.
Facebook will then present the next info:
- Why a sure put up is being displayed within the information feed — for instance, if the put up is from a buddy, a bunch the person joined, or a web page they adopted.
- Which components have the best affect on the rating of posts, together with:
- How typically you work together with posts from folks, Pages or Groups
- How typically you work together with a selected sort of put up, for instance, movies, images or hyperlinks
- The reputation of the posts shared by the folks, Pages, and Groups you comply with.
- Shortcuts to controls, resembling See First, Unfollow, News Feed Preferences and Privacy Shortcuts.
Facebook can also be offering customers with extra perception into the rating of paid posts with an replace to “Why am I seeing this ad?”.
Updates to “Why am I seeing this ad?”
You can now uncover extra particulars about advertisements proven when info on an advertiser’s record matches your Facebook profile.
Previously, “Why am I seeing this ad?” confirmed how demographic particulars, pursuits, and web site visits contribute to the advertisements displayed within the information feed.
Another option to goal customers with promoting is to add present info resembling e-mail addresses and cellphone numbers.
Going ahead, “Why am I seeing this ad?” will now point out when the advertiser uploaded the data or if the advertiser labored with one other advertising and marketing associate to run the advert.