GoodFirms, a evaluation web site that gives perception about advertising software program and distributors, launched their social media utilization report for 2019 in May. The report is predicated on a survey of over 450 international social media users categorised as extremely lively, average, and fewer lively users.
Participants have been gathered from greater than ten nations, with the breakdown as follows
Topics the survey coated
- Social media platforms folks use
- The typical content material they work together with and publish on their respective accounts
- How they handle irrelevant adverts, and different nuisances like trolls
The survey offered many helpful insights into how folks have interaction with social media together with its sheer ubiquity. Nearly all of the respondents, a full 96%, consider that social media positively impacts their lives.
Additionally, 99% of respondents indicated that they use four or extra platforms a day. The prime platforms listed have been:
- Messenger (Though this one can arguably be considered as a messaging platform versus a social media platform as you possibly can entry it through a separate app.)
Here are another attention-grabbing findings of the GoodFirms survey
- Visual content material guidelines. Personal images, movies, and memes are probably the most engaged and posted content material kind on social media.
- “Perishable” posts (the sort of content material that disappears after a sure interval of time) have gained reputation. This contains content material like Snaps, Instagram tales, and WhatsApp standing updates.
- Nearly all of the respondents come throughout irrelevant adverts, however about 67% select to disregard them.
- About 85% of folks have skilled some type of social media trolling.
- Most of the respondents, 86%, haven’t left any social media platforms (but).
- Understanding the habits of social media users may help inform your social media technique.
It must be famous that since LinkedIn is the highest social media platform on this survey (even above Facebook and YouTube), it’s doubtless that almost all of the folks surveyed are professionals, thus this may occasionally skew the outcomes a bit when in comparison with the final inhabitants. Heavy users are likely to lean extra in the direction of LinkedIn and Facebook, whereas average users want Facebook and YouTube.
The least well-liked platforms on this survey have been
This might also be a issue of the viewers that was surveyed. Here is the entire breakdown of the outcomes that present platform reputation primarily based on consumer frequency.
The GoodFirms survey additionally appeared at the kind of content material folks want, and it’s not stunning that sharing visible content material together with images, movies, and memes have been most popular. Text messages was the second hottest content material kind, with 70% of respondents indicating they like textual content messages on social media (I might argue that textual content messages aren’t actually in the identical class of content material as, say, a photograph or a video, but it surely’s nonetheless good to have an understanding of how individuals are utilizing social to speak).
Here is the breakdown of prime content material varieties
The GoodFirms survey was performed with the intention of serving to corporations higher plan their social media advertising technique. The full outcomes (together with a lot of nice stats and graphs) can be found on their web site.
Jacqueline Dooley is the Director of Digital Strategy at CommonMind.