With MozCon 2019 proper round the nook, we’re excited to announce our annual open name for group audio system! Are you the individual that everybody in your workplace goes to for digital advertising and marketing recommendation? Dreaming of breaking into the talking circuit to share your modern concepts? Now’s the probability to submit your pitch for a chance to hitch trade leaders on stage in entrance of 1,500 of your friends. (No strain!)
Not certain what a group speaker is?
At MozCon, we have now a speaker choice committee that identifies practitioners at the prime of their skilled discipline, with a imply talking recreation. But these classes are by invite solely, and we all know the group is bursting at the seams with groundbreaking analysis, sizzling suggestions, and search engine optimization assessments that drive outcomes.
Cue our group speaker program! We reserve six 15-minute group talking slots all through our three-day occasion. Now’s the time of the season once we encourage anybody in the search engine optimization group to submit their finest and most enjoyable presentation concepts for MozCon. Not solely are these classes extremely well-received by our attendees, however they’re additionally a unbelievable option to get your foot in the door in the case of the search engine optimization talking circuit.
Interested in pitching your personal concept? Read on for every part that you must know:
To submit a pitch:
- Fill out our group speaker submission type to enter.
- Only one submission per individual — ensure to decide on the one you’re most enthusiastic about!
- Your pitch have to be associated to on-line advertising and marketing and for a subject that may be lined in 15 minutes.
- Submissions shut on Monday, April 15th at 5pm PDT — no exceptions!
- All selections are closing.
- All audio system should adhere to the MozCon Code of Conduct.
- If chosen, you’ll be required to current your profitable pitch July 15–17th at MozCon in Seattle, WA.
I am able to submit my concept!
If you submit a pitch, you’ll hear again from us no matter your acceptance standing, so please be affected person till you hear from us — we’ll work arduous to make our selections as shortly as we are able to!
As a group speaker you’ll obtain:
- 15 minutes on the MozCon stage for a keynote-style presentation
- A free ticket to MozCon (we are able to difficulty a refund or switch in case you’e already bought yours)
- Four nights of lodging lined by Moz at our associate lodge
- Reimbursement in your journey — as much as $500 for home and $750 for worldwide journey
- An invitation for you and your important different to hitch us for the pre-event audio system’ dinner (warning: it’s at all times scrumptious.)
How we choose our audio system:
We have an inside committee of Mozzers that evaluation each pitch. We analyze every subject to verify there’s no overlap with our present classes and to substantiate that it’s a good match for our viewers. Next, we glance at the entirety of the pitch to assist us get a complete concept of what to anticipate out of your discuss on the MozCon stage. This is the place hyperlinks to earlier decks, content material, and movies of previous displays is useful (however isn’t required).
Here’s the right way to make your pitch stand out:
- Keep your pitch centered to on-line advertising and marketing. The extra actionable the pitch, the higher.
- Be detailed! We wish to know the precise techniques our viewers shall be studying about — not simply a obscure reference to them. Remember, we obtain a ton of pitches, so the extra clearly you’ll be able to clarify, the higher you’ll stand out.
- Review the subjects already being offered — we’re in search of classes which might be new and that spherical out our agenda so as to add to the stage.
- Brush up on the right way to put together for talking.
- No pitches shall be evaluated prematurely, so please don’t ask 🙂
- Using social media to foyer your pitch received’t assist. Instead, put your time and power into the precise pitch itself!
- Linking to a earlier instance of a slide deck or presentation isn’t required, nevertheless it does assist the committee a ton.
Leading as much as MozCon:
If your pitch is chosen, the MozCon workforce is right here to assist you alongside the method. It’s our aim to verify that is your finest discuss up to now, whether or not it’s your first time underneath these shiny stage lights otherwise you’re a seasoned speaker who feels completely at house in entrance of a massive crowd. We’ll reply any questions you could have and work with you to ship a discuss you’ll be happy with. Here are simply a handful of ways in which we’re right here to assist:
- Topic refinement
- Helping together with your session title and outline
- Reviewing any session outlines and drafts
- Providing loads of suggestions round finest practices — particularly with the MozCon stage and viewers in thoughts
- Comprehensive present information
- Being obtainable to hearken to you apply your discuss
- Reviewing your closing deck
- A full stage tour on the Sunday earlier than MozCon to fulfill our A/V crew, see your presentation on the massive display, and get a really feel for the present
- An wonderful 15-person A/V workforce to assist your presentation each second it’s on the massive display and past
We’ve acquired our fingers crossed for you. Good luck!
Submit my pitch!
About Danielle_Launders —
I am Moz’s Community Events Manager! I give attention to bringing on-line and offline experiences to our group by means of social channels, MozCon, MozSpeak, and extra. In my spare time I am hanging out with my Frenchbulldog, Sir Winston Snortalot, or exploring Seattle.